Tuesday 12 August 2014

Day 8 - Initiation

Whirlwind of a day. Off to a strong start, worked on completing lock-down work leftover from yesterday. Two members in charge of multimedia kits aren't in today with us; so that more or less leaves yours truly with the rudder to steer. Not an experience I'd call 'smooth-sailing'; but I'd like to think I enjoyed the experience, nonetheless. (Note to Self: Barcodes. Tut, tut. Those barcodes...)

From brainstorming with management about improving the current Equipment Loaning System, a few trial pilots are being proposed. Although, I feel a few of these might be too strong- I'm convinced there is a way to work around what's already in place. Thankfully, the issue has been laid out open on the table and everyone's being encouraged to give the problem some thought.  Oh, Ideas, ideas, ideas... I summon you to meeeeee...... Nah, I think it'll take more than a short, dry chant to strike gold here. But I'm excited about this new development.

Today was my 1st baptism of OVERTIME! It was good, actually. Quite productive, I'd say. A huge reshuffle and maintenance/installation tasks are currently on-going, which is why I've had a late day today. Lifting, Moving, Cabling, Locking, Clearing, Lifting, Moving, Cabling... you get the gist.
The YouTube app, which would later drain my battery en route home, helped supply the music that pushed any sense of time to the background. And this is much appreciated.

2030 sign off today, so this post has been put together and perused by tired hands and eyes. Or an eye.

Bonne nuit.


Themes of Today: Bakkavor; Most peaceful countries; Chiquitta; Fyffes; Allianz; PDF rules, Paper...; Obama; Kurds; Peshmerga;

City A.M; p.17: "Every leader I have interviewed used the future to drive the present. Those that were most inspiring painted a vivid picture of success, often describing the future in both rational terms (the numbers) and emotive terms (how it would feel for all concerned). This bringing together of the rational and the emotional was key to inspiring people. Fusing the future vision (what success will look and feel like) to the purpose (what improtant thing we are here to do) and to the values (how we do it) was what stirred hearts and minds."

No comments:

Post a Comment