Tuesday 5 August 2014

Aug 4th - Second day - Monday

Left home 7:45.... Got into work 8:45 - yes!

James is already at the desk when I arrive. Jamie arrives later, clearly looking (and sounding) like he'd recovered from the cold and cough he'd been battling with on Friday.  Andrew arrives later after Jamie. Amrik and JP are in their office as I walk past and wave: Later, I telll myself, you can speak to them.

With Andrew, I set about continuing from where we'd left off with the PC-locking-down. Some hadn't been secured with Kensington locks and needed to. Then the PC layout-numbering order of KW103 had to be amended.

Lunch: 13.50 to 14.50. Bumped into Ade at the library. Chatted with him for a significant quarter of this time. Oh well.

Returned to continue locking down the PCs of KW103; only this it no longer involved securing them, but rather cabling (a.k.a. connecting) them. Quite a learning curve for me, as 'hardware' is exactly my strongest suit. That's one of the reasons why I took on this job in the first place.

From casual conversations, I learn more about the office keys, printer paper, role assignment differences for Part-timers and Interns, sick-leaves and some other stuff I might have missed out on here. SIDENOTE: Caught up with Farzina's friend (sorry, I didn't catch your name! ), who "can't be bothered" to go get an extra 5 grand for her teaching scholarship - Lazying about FREE, legit money I'm entitled to? Yeah, I need to speak to her more about that.

Debriefing as the time ticks coser to 17:00: I should be set up on the 'accounts' tomorrow and I'll be working closer with Jamie as Andrew is off.




No comments:

Post a Comment