Friday 8 August 2014

Day 6 - How much did Netflix pay for that algorithm?

Today has been mostly exploratory: it's the deadline day and most of the staff have their hands full.  It's quiet on my part and I should be pretty chilled but I make a shocking discovery while wading through my 200+ (personal) emails: So it was Busuu that debited that £59.99 from my account!!! Dammit!

I spend the next hour or so, intermittently responding to their Customer Service attendant, Rosa, to whom my email queries of complaint were being directed. I get a feeling she's a nice lady. Although, I still don't get to have my refund after cancelling the PayPal subscription...

Oh well. I guess you can't win it all.

Excerpt from the ES-yesterday: Notting-Hill Carnival: Untold Story
Themes of Today:Netflix; CineMatch algorithm; Overfitting; Busuu subscription; Paypal; First-class Derek; (goo.gl/63G541 ; goo.gl/uwQTql) ; Steve Jobs; edX online courses; udacity UX design for mobile developers; idee: Design table and lamp; Tuwon shinkafa fingers; Instagram; GTB; chefzeelicioussss; Google's Material Design; 'Objectified' docume; Apple Inc.; Braun; Dieter Rams; Greg Christie; Jony Ive; "Play to your strengths"; Java: Scanner; Netbeans: Glassfish; Mozilla Contribute


1700 sign off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment